Innovative. Tough. Proven.
AlphaRiser is an innovative and multi-faceted solution for service riser floor apertures – a unique combination of design ideas to assist in Riser Management. It makes specifying, designing, installing, and even adjusting the riser unit very easy. It is central to our Riser Management drive.
- AlphaRiser allows you to:
- Cast in a riser aperture frame early in the project without necessarily knowing the exact locations of the services at that time
- Install a riser floor unit very quickly
- Discount the need for any shuttering
- Discount the need for any barriers around the floor aperture
- Have complete peace of mind for the safety of site personnel working on the floor construction and beyond
- Provide a strong edge frame which incorporates a cast-in AlphaRiser channel so that grating supports can be moved easily, new ones added, or existing ones removed very simply
- Fix services directly into the AlphaRiser channel mentioned above
- Discount the need for hot work permits during any adjustments
- Easily cut out the grating for services after installation once the service riser requirements are known
- Pre-fit AlphaRiser channels into building core walls whether using the Jump Form or Slip Form casting process
- Produce a complete specification or requirements list from our product portfolio to cover any element of building riser management needs
Why use AlphaRiser®
- 100% off-site manufactured unit ensures safety, removing the need for temporary protection
- Joist positions can be simply moved by sliding or adding connections along the channels
- Meets requirements for fire safety
- Simple to cut for services – no special tools, labour or hot-works permits needed
- Facility to fix supports for M&E and HVAC services
- Savings on formwork shuttering and fixings
- Strong unique channel design able to take heavy service weights
- Lightweight and easy to move, handle and fit
- Corrosion resistant product with neat and tidy finish
- Holes for fixing to casting deck and bend-out links for rebar coupling if needed
- AlphaRiser has the versatility and functionality for use with most construction types, including:
- Cast in-situ concrete floor slabs
- Profile sheet deck
- Pre-cast floor panels
- Post-tensioned floor pockets
- Steel frame structures
- Raised access floors
- Panel formwork core and partition walls
- Slip form system walls
Casting deck formwork is constructed, typically starting from the first floor.
AlphaRiser is delivered to site pre-made and craned into position on the casting deck.
AlphaRiser is fixed to the deck in the marked position using flange head screws and the crane lifting plates are turned downwards away from the top rebar mat.
AlphaRiser forms a shutter for the concrete which can now be poured to form the floor and will encase it to create the service riser opening.
Once the concrete has cured, the casting deck is removed, the fixing screws are cropped, and the riser aperture in the floor is complete and ready for services to be installed.
Walls are built and services are installed. The GRP grating can be simply cut away by the M&E contractor as needed to maintain a safe working platform. This will allow the service sections through and the sliding joists moved to allow unforeseen items to pass if needed.